Medicinal Herb in a Cocktail - Caffè Milano, Grand Indonesia, Jakarta

I've been always impressed by Italy. The architecture, the myths, the Colosseum, the language, and the cuisines. Almost everything about Italy impress me a lot. 

Last Sunday, I went to an Italian cafe in Grand Indonesia, Caffe Milano. 

Caffe Milano is one cafe under Union Group which I can say is one of must-visit cafe around Jakarta. When I was there hanging out with my friends, I was impressed by the classic style interior and obscure illumination. 

Inside, there was a bar area that can be accessed directly near the front door, some round tables for customers, luxurious lights hanging, and some pretty decorations on the side tables. 




















Outside, the ambiance was even cooler. There was a giant tent installed connected to the edge of the cafe. And what calming me was the small lights decoration attached to alongside the beautiful plants. 























There were many Italian foods here, but what attracted me was their drink. So I headed directly to the bar and ordered a cocktail which is quite familiar for me, Sage and Cucumber Sling. I said familiar because of the Sage leaves I found there. 

If we are talking about benefits, Sage leaves has so many of them, but what impress me was that this plant is often used for healing purpose. From antibiotic, curing muscle aches, rheumatism, to treating depression. 

There's a reason why sage has the scientific name "to save". 
Healers have been using this herb for a number of ailments for thousands of years. Different varieties like purple of Russian have slightly different fragrances and flavors while providing different benefits for the body. So while you're enjoying cheese laced with sage, you are receiving advantages like flavonoids, phenolic acids, enzyms for lowered heart disease risk. 

Enough about sage :), beside sage I found another herb ingredient, Amaro liqueur, For you don't know Amaro, Amaro is an Italian herbal liqueur, sometimes come as a syrup. Other ingredients found were gin, some soda, and cucumber chops as for topping garnish. 

The taste of the drink was quite nice. For gin lovers, you are going to like this one, It was a bit sour, a bit bitter, and the flavor of cucumber was quite strong, I don't know if they put some cucumber inside too. 

After all, the place was good, the ambiance was great, and the drink was so Italian. I will definitely go back to this place anytime soon. 


Oh yes, this cafe was located in Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall, East wing, but the entrance door was within the Centro Dept. Store.


Author. 

@faithignatius



Price: 
Sage and Cucumber Sling Cocktail : IDR 110,000

Address: Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall, East Wing, Ground Floor Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.1, Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta
Phone: 021 2358 0638 

You Might Also Like

0 komentar