Random Desire: Shaved Ice Dessert at windy evening [Patbingsu]

Sometimes, personally I can be super excited to do random and unusual things. For example, last night when it was cold and windy where most people tend to look for hot drinks to be enjoyed under a warm blanket, I accidentally wanted ice cream, Yes, I wanted a shaved ice drink. 

One of my favorite dessert is Patbingsu. For anyone who doesn't know what it is, Patbingsu is Korean shaved ice dessert with sweet toppings such as chopped fruit, condensed milk and fruit syrup.

Luckily there is a small dessert house near my residence in Jakarta. It was so close that I could get there by walking. 

It is Chef's Bakery & Cafe. 

As far as I know, in this town, this cafe serves several Korean breads and desserts. That evening, I didn't really care about others but Patbingsu, what I truly wanted in a cold weather :)

Here is the front door of the cafe. 
At 1st floor, it was a bakery shop. It was nice and appetizing.

Second floor was the cafe. I have to say Wow. In quite a small space, it was a nice place to sit for hours, so calming and silent. 

While enjoying the place, my Patbingsu was served. Oh Yes, what more random was that I ordered a Tropical Patbingsu :D

Ok, first of all, the appearance was colorful and appetizing. There were shaved ice (of course) at the bottom, some rose syrup, some fruit chops (kiwi, apple and strawberries) and finally ice cream at the very top. 

The taste was delicious and refreshing, the shaved ice was very soft, the rose syrup was ideal, and what I like the most was the fruits were fresh and it was served well. 

The price of Mix Tropical Patbingsu/portion : IDR 36,000.

This is not the best Patbingsu I've ever tasted, but was it worth the taste with that kind of price? Yes. 
Also, the ambience was nice. 


You can visit Chef's Bakery & Cafe here:

@faithignatius,

Writer

You Might Also Like

0 komentar